November 2, 2009

Halloween 2009

We had a busy last week of October. Holy Cow! Here are some pictures from our Halloween Adventures!

I got to help with Ava's Pre-K school party and parade. The whole school parades around the halls and all parents are invited to come see. It was fun!

Ava's class. She's the Buzz Lightyear in the front.

We went on a hayride Friday night at Todd's families farm. The kids had fun. We had Ella Steele with us. She didn't like the guys with the chainsaw jumping out of the woods so much.

Ava just looking cute in her Halloween getup.

Nana sent a package of Halloween crafts. We had a great time putting them together.

First thing in the morning on Halloween, the whole family got up and went to the Pumpkins in the Park 5k Race. I ran in the rain and did really well. I drove the course the night before and there were two huge hills. I had nightmares all night long about running up hills endlessly. I think that actually made the real thing that much easier to do. My time was 30:40.

After my race, Ava ran a 1/2 mile race. She was one of the smallest runners and was disappointed she didn't win, but she still enjoyed it.


All the kids got a ribbon at the end. She asked me if it said Winner. I said, "No, it says participant." Then she turned around and in a really excited voice said to someone standing nearby, "I got a participant ribbon!"
We carved pumpkins. Unfortunately no power tools were used this year. The kids both drew the faces they wanted. Bowe's was happy and cute and of course, Ava's was scary.
We went to a 4 year old's birthday party after the race and dance class. They had face painting and Ava picked out the reptile face and convinced someone to put it on her. Everyone else had flowers, balloons, cat whiskers, etc. Ava had a full on reptile face and sat perfectly still the whole time they painted it on. This girl cracks me up. I tried to wash it off for trick or treating because it doesn't really go with Buzz Lightyear and she got so upset. We left the makeup on her forehead and eyes as a compromise.
Ava, Bowe, Mason and Caleb ready for Trick or Treating. They were so cute! It was supposed to be cold and rainy, but it turned out to be a fairly mild night. They had so much fun. Bowe decided after the second house that he couldn't walk and had to be carried from door to door. Needless to say, Mommy got a workout that night.
Ava was an awesome Buzz Lightyear and Bowe was a cute cowboy riding a horse. He was kind of Woody, but not exactly.
Ava quote of the week: Just after I turned off the lights at night and started walking down stairs I hear Ava say, "Mommy, sometimes I have issues." What do you mean issues Ava? "I mean, sometimes I just can't sleep because I have so many things to think about and do." You'll have plenty of time to do more things tomorrow Ava. "I hope so. You are always running out of time. I don't want to have the same issues as you Mommy." I hope you never do Ava!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Ava's "issues" quote was too much! She is so hilarious. I love that girl. And I also think the picture of the kids on the hayride is adorable!