We had a great summer. The kids are getting so tall and funny. Actually quite hilarious and full of energy that leads to chaos. Bowe continues to challenge me with his curiosity, but he also plays very well on his own. He's super good at figuring things out, like climbing out of his crib, climbing onto counters to open cupboards and help himself to such things as candy, marshmallows, and a whole cheesecake out of the fridge. He can open just about any door and insists on doing things by himself now. That's all fine and dandy. I support my children learning their idnependence, but that also means everything takes 2 times as long. He is really attached to me which makes me feel special as a Mom, but also makes things a little more difficult.
Ava started Pre-K this year and loves it. She's doing really well in her classroom and loves her teachers. It is half day, 5 days a week and she gets to ride the bus. I volunteered in her class for the first time last week. It was so fun. I loved seeing her in the classroom environment and meeting all of the kids. Now I know who she's talking about when she says, "Braedon always calls me Ava-Bug. I don't really like that." Boys will be boys. She is singing songs from the radio, loves to play with big kids, and is growing up so fast. She also comprehends things so well that she often keeps me in line helps me have perspective when my stress level shoots through the roof. Heavenly Father knew what he was doing when he sent me these two.
Todd and I are busy with work and our newest project . . . building an addition onto the back of our house. It will be a big project since Todd is doing 90% of it himself. I'm so grateful for his talents. We'd never be able to do it if we had to hire the whole thing out to contractors. We also got to take a quick trip without the kids to Vermont. It was nice to get away, but hard to come back and deal with what was left behind. Next time I go on vacation I need to hire a stand in for me. I've also had to adjust to not having my parents around. They are living in Provo, UT serving a mission for 3 years. We'll get to visit in November. We're all excited to see them.
So here a few pictures from our recent activities.
We get to use Mom and Dad's boat while they're away on their mission. It was one of my favorite things to do this Summer with my family.




My baby girl turned 4. She is growing up so fast! She picked out the Snow White dress to wear and was super cute. For months ahead of time, Ava wanted Nana and Papa on her cake. I wasn't really sure how to pull that off, but Walmart does the sugar screen of a picture. Ava loved it!


Ava waiting for the bus on the first day of school. She told me many times that she was nervous, but excited. She's doing great at school. For the first few weeks her favorite part of school was the bus ride home. She said, "Because I know I get to see you soon."


My little bud turned 2! We had his party back at the pond. He ran around, played in the sand, we had a fire, and BBQ'd! It was perfect. Ava and Granpda even took him to catch frogs. Ava's pretty good at that.


My sister came to visit from Salt Lake City for her friends wedding. We got to hang out with all the cousins and sisters. It was fun to be together. I wish it was easier to get together.
The family went to a Red Wing's Baseball game. We sat right behind home base. The kids loved all the action and the people. They were great even though the game went well past bed time. I just love it when we're out as a family and people notice and comment on how great my kids are.

Ava being a daredevil at a friends pool. She walked back and forth across this tightrope many times.

Todd and I escaped to Vermont for 2 days. We toured Ben and Jerry's as well as the Cabot cheese factory. It snowed at our Mountain resort while we were there. It was a nice break, but I'm not very good at coming home from a vacation and not getting stressed about the work that piled up. I'll have to practice by going on many more vacations.



That's all for now! I'll update Halloween later!
3 comments:
I loved every single picture! Also, thank you for quoting me...I feel so famous right now...
So glad to hear from you! I can't believe how much the kids have grown since your last post. Little Ava going to school...so big. All this work piling up...what exactly are you doing? How can I get the hook up to work from home too?? :-)
Ace, loved the update- Ava and Bowe are growing up too fast. I can't believe how tall they are. I loved their Halloween costumes- and congrats on your run! That is awesome. We have to catch up soon! Miss you girl.
Post a Comment