March 7, 2008

Man, Time Flies!

I'm shocked that it's already March! March of 2008 no less. I can't believe how fast time has passed by me. Bowe is already 6 months old. More about him later. To catch up, here is what we've been doing the past month.

February was a pretty good month for us. We've battled colds that seem to cycle through our family. It's much harder to keep Bowe healthy with Ava carrying all sorts of germs. Right now we are all pretty healthy. From what I hear, this Winter has been hard on lots of families. I made a slide show of Valentine's day and other February activities.




We made homemade ice cream. Todd and I found a new-in-the-box ice cream maker at a garage sale a while ago and it is one of our favorite things to do now. I think it was $2. Garage sales are fantastic if you have the patience for them. I don't really have the patience for them, but Todd does. Homemade ice cream tastes so rich and creamy and no, it is not a low-fat food. Other pictures in the slide show are from Valentine's day. I got to make heart pancakes and dress the kids in pink and red. They got cards from their Grandparents and Bowe of course immediately put it in his mouth, which made Ava laugh and inspired her to do the same. There are also random pictures of my cute kids because I take so many pictures, I may as well share them!

Last weekend we had a pretty good storm so there was a build up of snow. It just so happened that we didn't have anything scheduled on Saturday so we took a family snow day! It was so fun. We went to my in-laws' house in the country (I know many of you think I already live in the country, but this is farther out there.) They have a little farm that is no longer a working farm, an old house and lot's of room to have fun. Bowe hung out in the house with Grandma while Todd, Ava and I went sledding, snow-mobiling, off-roading in our suburban, and any other kind of snow fun you can think of. Here are some pictures.


This is the double-decker. Believe it or now, we even did the triple-decker, but couldn't manage a picture. Ava thought that was great.


I'm sure could have exposed my face for the picture, but of couse I didn't think of it at the time. The wind was quite chilly!
Ava has no fear. She insisted on going by herself as much as possible. I love that about her, but it also scares me sometimes. Face first, as fast as she can is the way she likes it!
This is actually an action shot. It may not appear that way, but I was in motion.
Riding back to the house.

It was a pretty cold, windy day, but as you can see, we were quite bundled up. This weekend is bringing another storm so we'll probably be out sledding tomorrow.

Just to show how wacky the weather is in upstate NY, we had a beautiful day on Monday. It was in the high 60's and all the snow melted. I just had to get the kids out to walk around in the mud. Bowe's skin has barely seen the sun. We can't wait for Summer!


And now some pictures of my big little boy! Bowe is 6 months old and getting so strong. He's a hefty little kid and we haven't really started him on food yet. He didn't catch on to the eating thing right away so I gave him a break. He's already 21 lbs. and 27 1/2 inches. He looks so grown up sitting up. I love having a little girl and a little boy. They are both such happy, calm children and have huge personalities to share. I feel like I don't have as much personality as they do. I wonder where they get it from?!


I opened up a bin of bigger clothes I had inherited or bought second hand and found this hilarious outfit, perfect for any fisherman's son. It has many types of fish with their names and who can deny the elegance and beauty of the blue corduroy collar. He'll probably kill me someday for putting it on him and taking a picture, but enjoy!



Bowe gets cuter everyday and shows us more and more of his fun, carefree personality. As always, I must finish my blog with some Hawkins Home videos. I was able to catch Bowe rolling over. This is a fairly new trick. We've been working on it for a while so we're excited it caught on. We also have Ava singing and performing. She's hilarious. I realize pictures are great, but I think both my kids are so fun and videos show their personalities so much better. Enjoy!


2 comments:

Jayme said...

What cute pictures and kids!!! I miss you!! We should talk soon. Love you.

Sarah said...

Yeah... I'm so happy you put up new pictures and family info. You guys are all such sweethearts. I miss you. Hope we can talk soon