The fun of Easter started at my Mom's house with a mini-egg hunt for Ava and her cousin Caleb, or K-bub if you will. They were so fun to watch. Bowe even found one egg and enjoyed gnawing on it for a while. Mason is still a bit young to participate fully. Nana gave the older kids Easter baskets with presents. They both got a punching balloon. Ava found a very creative way to use these balloons.

Mason . . .

Bowe . . .

K-Bub on the hunt . . .

We had a great weekend visiting with family. We even went on a family trip to the outlet mall and got to ride in our new 15 passenger van! YES! It has been one of Todd's dreams lately to own a large van. We'll try it out and see how useful it is. I have to say, it was quite fun riding all together. Granted, it is not so gas friendly and really drives like a small bus, but now we get to think of excused to go on excursions with friends and family.

Couldn't help it. I had to sneak in this picture of Bowe looking so darn cute and grown up. Born to drive, like his Daddy!
Sunday we went to church then took some family pictures. We had dinner at Todd's brother's house which was delicious of course. Thanks Alissa! You may also notice, my hair is blonder and I have a light bang (Erin, that phrase is for you). I'm very happy with the hairstyle update. I realize it's not a great hair picture. I'll see what I can do for future posts.

Monday morning Bowe woke up with hives. We are still not quite sure what caused this, but he had red, warm, bumps all over his body. Of course, he was still happy as ever. His temperature did start to go up so I ended up taking him to the doctor to get checked out. They had no explanation for the rash, but discovered an ear infection. He's been fighting off the same ear infection all winter. Poor thing. I really am the luckiest mother in the world, because he doesn't act sick at all. He is so smiley and happy all the time.
Now for the bugs . . . not the creepy crawly kind, but the sick bugs are back in our home. I swear this has been the Winter of sick. Todd got so ill Sunday night. He was flat on his back in a dark room for about 24 hours before he dared get up and move around. We had him quarantined upstairs to keep those particular sick bugs away from the kids. He's doing much better now. So between Ava's constant runny nose this week, Bowe's ear infection and rash, and Todd's flu, we haven't had a very productive or exciting week. I also want to take a minute to comment on how the universe always tends to keep the Mom healthy enough to take care of everyone else. I remember my Mom taking care of us kids and my Dad when the whole family got sick. Somehow, she never got sick. I have also found that if I get sick, it's only a slight version of what everyone else has or I don't get it at all. More perks for being a Mom.
Hawkins' Home Video Pick of the Week.
1 comment:
I think that may well be one of the best videos I have seen on any blog ever! Looks like you've got a (very cute!) performer!
-Karen
Post a Comment