It was Todd's birthday last week. He turned 29 and claims he doesn't feel a day older. My theory on birthday's is, you should only be depressed you're turning another year older if your life is not where you want it to be. And in that case, do something about it!
We went out to dinner and had really great food at Rick's Prime Rib House, one of Todd's favorite restaurants. Then we got ice cream afterwords despite the fact that it was 58 degrees and I was shivering while licking the ice cream off my cone.
The next night we had an informal party with some family and I made yellow cupcakes with chocolate frosting. Todd likes cupcakes better than cake. Probably because they are easier to eat on the run.
Ava liked the cupcakes as well. She ate all the frosting and not so much of the cake.
I took this picture the other day and realized how similar these two look. I feel like they have the same smile in this picture. Ava had so much fun swimming with Dad despite the chilliness of the water. I may just be a wimp, but 78 degrees is not warm enough for me to get in.
In other news, my very dear friend Erin got married this past week. Ava and I were able to help her with her hair before the wedding. She looked radiant and my favorite part was her face when they pronounced them husband and wife. I swear, light came out of her skin. Congrats to Erin and Matt!!!!
At the end of a great night. 
The next night we had an informal party with some family and I made yellow cupcakes with chocolate frosting. Todd likes cupcakes better than cake. Probably because they are easier to eat on the run.
Ava liked the cupcakes as well. She ate all the frosting and not so much of the cake.
I took this picture the other day and realized how similar these two look. I feel like they have the same smile in this picture. Ava had so much fun swimming with Dad despite the chilliness of the water. I may just be a wimp, but 78 degrees is not warm enough for me to get in.
In other news, my very dear friend Erin got married this past week. Ava and I were able to help her with her hair before the wedding. She looked radiant and my favorite part was her face when they pronounced them husband and wife. I swear, light came out of her skin. Congrats to Erin and Matt!!!!
At the end of a great night. 
Erin saying goodbye to Ava. We will surely miss her when she moves to Utah.

5 comments:
congrats to erin. convince her that she needs to start her own blog. i need to be clued in on her life!
bytheway, you look so great pregnant. you need to write a book on that!
Hello there Mindy, long time no chat, roomie! Glad to find your blog through Lachelle's. It looks like you and your gorgeous family are doing well. Congrats on your pending arrival!!
I'm so glad that you had that picture of Erin! So fun.
And cupcakes and ice cream both sound so good right now!
i agree about cupcakes. i love them! they are the perfect size. the only problem is, they're so perfect sized that i end up eating more of them than i should. : )
i can't wait to see erin myself once we get back to utah.
Wow!! I didn't know Erin got married. How exciting. You must tell her congratulations from me. You look great Mindy. I hope you are feeling great too.
Post a Comment