December 15, 2008

Anxious to Blog

To all those who still check this blog every now and again, thank you. I really do want to keep contact with my friends and family, but have not been good about blogging. I wish I had more free-time and when I do have time, sitting at the computer is not what I want to be doing. My poor kids play "Work" and sit at their imaginary desks typing and talking on the phone. It's wonderful working from home with all the flexibility and benefits, but this is an unfortunate by- product. Just yesterday I asked Ava if she wanted to play a game with me while Bowe was sleeping. She said, "I can't right now. I have a lot of work to do. You can play by yourself until I'm done." I started to laugh and said OK, but I'd really like to play with you. She quickly decided her "work" was not that important and we played Crazy 8's.


What a kid. Her level of comprehension certainly keeps me on my toes. She's always telling me the perfect thing at the perfect time. Ava is a very important part of our family. I know every child is, but I see how each of my children and their very distinct personalities play a huge role in the dynamics of our family. Ava sees and understands so many things. She puts the pieces together and then acts in a way that shows such compassion for those around her. She is only 3 so there are certainly selfish times and little tantrums, but I can tell she will care for each member of our family (even Mommy and Daddy) for the rest of her life.


We had a great Thanksgiving and Christmas. My sisters came to NY for Thanksgiving. Danielle is actually moving here permanently. It'll be great to have her here. It's always fun to get together as a family. We had a week of games, movies, tons and tons of food, and a little bit of sleep. When we're all together there are kids everywhere, toys everywhere, and noise! I love it. We had our own Christmas while they were all here. It was nice to have Christmas at Thanksgiving and then enjoy the Christmas season. Here are some pictures from Thanksgiving.

All the grandchildren.


Ava and Brooklyn.


Sitting down to Thanksgiving dinner.


Ava and Scout forcing a smile.


My parents got a Wii. We play it all the time now. Ava does really well with it.

We got to observe Ava's ballet class. Bowe was very interested in the dancing. Ava is great! She follows along very well.

All the adults played a card game called, "Good Morning Madame." It's a very silly game that just causes everyone to laugh really hard. It's especially fun to play with my sister Monica.

We got a piano! We are so excited to have it in our home. The kids have figured out how to make "music" with it. We enjoy playing and singing mostly children's songs.
That's all for now. I will add more about Christmas soon! Love you all.

5 comments:

Erin said...

cute! you know i'm an avid reader of your blog, even though i live down the street! love ya

AMW said...

Mindy,

I'm so glad you blogged! Its given me something to read while I'm in the hospital getting ready to have this baby! Love the pictures. I will talk to you soon!

Paul and Holly Domm said...

We love checking in on you guys, but always understand when its been a while since you've updated it. We're also somewhat sporatic and I'm often too tired to blog. I love the story of Ava telling you to play on your own, while she worked.What a smart little one she is. I also love the pictures and am glad you had such a good holiday season with your family!

Nate Judd said...

Good to here from you. I was beginning to think you didn't love us anymore.

Lisa said...

I DO check your blog now & then & am disappointed when you haven't updated for so long! Geez, what's up with that? Just kidding. Great pics! That story about Ava is priceless! So cute! Looks like you had a great holiday!