
Just had to say as I'm watching the closing ceremonies, that I love the Olympics. I really enjoy watching sports and NBC has made it so easy for the average American (or less than average in my case) to watch all of these sports and feel like I actually know what's going on. Time and time again I have a question about the rules, or why something is happening and within minutes the announcers answer it. They also add compelling human interest stories and little snippets about country and culture. Even better is I always know who to cheer for. One of my problems with professional sports in the US is not having allegiance to teams for any really great reasons. But in a worldwide competition, I always want to cheer for the US and if they're no longer in the running, I cheer for the underdog. It goes without saying that I will miss the Olympics when they are officially over, but I also really need more sleep! Two weeks of late nights is about all I can handle.
So goodbye Michael Phelps, Shawn Johnson, Nastia Luikin, Beijing and the Bird's Nest, Bob Costas, Ryan Millar (Go BYU alum!), Misty May and Kerri Walsh, runners, divers, crazy Gumby-like rhythmic gymnastics girls, track stars, table tennis, water polo, all people who participate in sports that get no attention and not nearly enough credit for the athleticism required, winners, losers, and last place finishers. It has been a fun, and emotional ride. Can't wait for next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment