April 16, 2008

Snoop-ing around

Todd and I came across an article about a certain celebrity investigating the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I had to share this picture. I thought it was hilarious to see Snoop Dogg intently reading the Book of Mormon, wearing big old headphones. I wonder what he's listening to while reading? Mo-Tab?

Too bad it was an April Fool's joke. I was a little excited about it when I first saw it.

Back to reality - We have been making special efforts to have meaningful, organized, and fun family home evenings in our home lately. It seems the snack is the favorite part thus far. Ava loved the cupcakes made in ice cream cones. (My favorite childhood treat!) However, Wednesday morning she did ask me if we could sing a song, say a prayer, read scriptures, have a lesson, play a game and then HAVE A SNACK?! I was very impressed that she listed every part of FHE. The past month of FHE has paid off! I'm so proud . . .
And to prove that my daugther cleans up beautifully . . .

Bowe is growing by leaps and bounds. We introduced a sippy cup which was fun to play with, but not so effective as a means to get liquid into him. Very cute to watch him try to figure it out though. He liked squeaking his gums on the spout.
Our Spring, General Conference day walk was not so much a hit with the kiddies. I was trying to start a new tradition. Todd and I enjoyed the sun regardless of the lack of warmth that it provided. We also enjoyed telling Ava over and over again, "You can have more cinnamon roll when we get home." Heaven forbid we leave any morsel of cinnamon roll uneaten before leaving the house in the morning. Once that message was understood, the walk was a little more fun for everyone. By the end, Bowe's head was barely visible out of his jacket. I think he liked it that way though.
I'm told, and I agree, that Ava looks very much like her Daddy. I believe she has very little of me in her. It's OK with me because I think these two are quite attractive. :)
I'm hoping that my little boy has a little of me in him. It's really hard for me to tell. I guess we will see with time. I'm so lucky to have such adorable, fun, and intelligent children to keep me entertained. By the way, I think Bowe said "Ma, ma" the other day. I tried to get him to repeat it and he mostly just laughed at me, but we're getting close to words! I'm not trying to wish away his baby-hood, but I do like it when my kids can talk to me.

6 comments:

lrbodine said...

That Snoop thing was an April Fool's prank - but pretty funny in my opinion!

Ava does look like her daddy. But that's ok - my little Ellie looks just like her dad too. I think her dad is handsome but I'm a little sad that the only part of me she seems to have is brown eyes and brown hair.

Ava and Bowe are so cute and you look like you have such fun with them!

Las Vegas Hulet Family said...

I love reading about all my friends but can't seem to take the time to update my blog. You look so great and I love the pictures. By the time I got to you and Bowe I started crying. It didn't help that I was listening to the message you just left on my cell phone. I miss having you around and miss hanging out with your family. Just wanted to let you know I am thinking about you. Love, Rachelle

Las Vegas Hulet Family said...

By the way, Marshall was helping me make cookies today and he said "mom, make sure you leave the middle a little doughy just like Mindy does. I really like it the way she makes her cookies." Just wanted to let you know that you haven't been forgotten!

Erin said...

yes--i officially miss the hawkins fam like crazy! much love!

Nate Judd said...

When I saw the last pictures you posted of Bowe, I thought he looked like you. Ava has a little glint of mischief in her eyes, like her momma...

Will and Natalie Giddens said...

I totally think Bowe looks like you! I mean, Ava, yeah, she's Todd all over, but Bowe definitely has some Pitts in him - for sure. Your kids are darling!!