The last three weeks have been fun, crazy, hectic, memorable, tiring and the list goes on. We had a fantastic Christmas. My whole family was in town and we spent many nights at my parents house playing games, watching movies, sitting in the hot tub and eating way too much! We all agreed it was the "Best Christmas Ever!"
We got wonderful Christmas cards this year and hope to leave them up for a while. Thank you to everyone who thought of us and I hope to be on top of my game a bit better next Christmas so I can send a letter as well.
We went to the National Museum of Play in Rochester with all the kids. They have a miniature
Wegman's, which is the greatest grocery store ever. The kids get to shop, scan the items, run the conveyor belt, and use the register. They even get real receipts. The girls were so cute. And I'm serious, Wegman's really is the greatest grocery store ever.
The consequences of being in such close quarters with 5 little kids is that everyone gets sick! My family rang in the New Year coughing, sneezing and blowing our noses. I think Ava had it the worst. The poor girl got eye goobers one day and the next day it looked like someone punched her in the face a couple of times. Her eyes were red and swollen. Little did we know that would pass around to everyone else!!!!
Now, a week and a half later we have antibiotics and seem to be improving. I feel like I am finally getting back to reality with work, church, daily routines, laundry, exercising, eating healthy, etc. Vacation is nice, but for me, so is routine. It helps that we are having unseasonably warm weather too. I need to get out and breath some fresh air deep into my lungs. Ava loves to be outside too. The warm weather allows her to get rid of that cabin fever.
That's all for now. Hope everyone else had wonderful holidays!


5 comments:
your family is the cutest thing ever! cute pics! sure love ya and miss you!
Your kids are so cute!
love the slide show! Ava looks so big, I can't believe it! I too am working on getting "back on the wagon" after a great Christmas and New Years. It's so easy to eat 5 lbs on but so dang hard to run it off. When will I ever learn?
i got your voicemail! thanks! i love you tons. i'll call you this week.
How about an update from NY!
Post a Comment