August 27, 2007

It's the One Week Countdown

I feel that the end is in sight! This baby boy is sure giving me a run for my money. I swear the kid is 13 lbs and about 25 inches long. :) I have been quite soar and uncomfortable, but I'll make it. The hardest part is not being able to play with and pick up Ava. She's been great though. The other day I was so tired that I laid down next to her while she watched a movie. She put my head on her lap and played with my hair and patted my back. It was one of the sweetest moments of my life. I just love that little girl. She is going to be the greatest big sister. She has so much compassion and is very observant to others and the world around her. I am very curious to see how becoming a big sister will change her.
Ava got some new bath toys, including finger painting bubble bath, and foaming soap. I even have fun with it!
These are the glasses from the Mr. Potato Head set. She thought she was so funny that I just had to take a picture.

We had a pretty hot day this past week so we packed up and set off for the beach at the Lake. The water was pretty warm and we had a nice sunny day. The crowds didn't show up until lunch time so we had the beach to ourselves. We discovered Ava has a fear of seaweed so she had a hard time putting her feet down. Todd carried her around by the arms for a little while, but we finally convinced her that seaweed was just like grass that grew in the lake. She seemed to calm down a little after that.


Not much else to report. The rest of this week will be me trying to get absolutely everything clean and organized so that I can come home and relax with the baby. Yea for nesting! I have gotten so much done lately!

2 comments:

Will and Natalie Giddens said...

Good luck with all your final preparations! I keep meaning to ask you if you're going to try for a VBAC or planning on another C-section. I hope whichever one you've chosen goes well!!

Can't wait to see pictures of the little man, plus find out his stats and name.

Jessica said...

ditto what natalie said. i can't believe you're already at the end of your pregnancy! i hope he comes soon so you don't have to be so uncomfortable for too much longer.