August 18, 2007

Busy Week

We had a busy week. Our 3rd anniversary was Tuesday. We ended up spending the morning on a boat with some friends. Todd did some waterskiing, but Ava and I just went along for the ride. It was Ava's first time on a motor boat and she really didn't seem that interested unless she was sitting in the driver's seat. And so, we let her drive. We went out to dinner and a movie the next night to celebrate on our own together. It had been a while since we had actually gone to the Theater to see a movie. Honestly, my back was killing me by the end. Maybe there's something to using the local library to get movies and watch them in the comfort of your own home. On that note, I am really impressed by our little library. They have new releases every month in their DVD collection. Not to mention, you can get any book from any participating library delivered right to your local branch. Yea for libraries!

Friday was Ava's 2nd Birthday. She was so excited. All day she told people it was her birthday and even told people she was turning 2. I was a very proud mother. We had a great day. We did a little last minute present shopping, then stopped at the playground. She was so tired that she took an early, long nap which made me happy. I had plenty of time to clean, make her cake and get dinner ready for our guests.
We had family over for dinner and had Ava's new favorite food. PIZZA! We did presents and Ava was a champ at opening boxes, giving each gift enough attention to make everyone happy, and move on to the next one. She even stopped to look through her new books. Everyone felt as if their present was special to her and I believe it was. The only thing she was uninterested in was an outfit from Grandma. Eventually we got her to try it on and then it was great. She picked out a cake that looked like blocks. It turned out pretty well. I thought she may pick a flower, but blocks it was. We don't have anymore events to distract us from the upcoming birth of our child. I have always felt that once Ava's birthday was over, I'd be more focused on the birth. It's already here and I still have things I want to do. We're basically ready though. I am getting excited to meet this little boy. He has the hiccups at least everyday. I feel that he's getting pretty squished so he's probably wanting to come out too. I think we finally have a name picked out. We found it while doing some family history. It's a name from about 5 generations back. I still have to say it out loud a few times and probably see him before we officially name him. Therefore, the name will remain a secret until his arrival. I usually have Ava say the name to see what it sounds like. All the names sound cute when she says them though. That's not so useful in helping me pick.

1 comment:

lrbodine said...

Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday to Ava! Good luck with the name. I think I've mentioned before - but I'm glad we didn't officially pick a name until the birth. I plan to do that every time now - go in with a few options and then pick the final. :)