


It's a BOY! We will be having our 1st little boy in September and we're very excited. I'd be excited either way. I was kind of hoping it would be a girl. I had sisters close to me in age and I just picture little girls having sisters. However, many families have a girl and boy right next to each other so that must work too! I have had a feeling it was a boy all along due to the fact that this pregnancy was so different, but the Dr. says you can have very different pregnancies and be having the same gender.
We don't have many names we like yet. We're working on it, but no boy names are jumping out at us. We still have some time.
Our yard is a big disaster because Todd installed a water line and drainage ditches. We have what looks like gopher trails running through our grass. Lot's of mud, not so much grass. We're excited to get the yard, porch, and deck done. Then we'll work on fixing up the barn and our house will look a little less redneck. Lot's of work this Summer! Being a home owner is great. I love to know that what we're doing here is truly benefitting us. We can do things the way we like, and know that it is an investment.


Ava loves to help Todd. She's holding her hammer and whining because she wants to go out and use it to help with the porch.
I went to NYC this past weekend. It was a last minute trip and I'm so glad I went. My friend from highschool was driving down with her husband to visit his family in Brooklyn. I was able to stay with my sister on Staten Island. We spent the morning in Manhattan and ate lunch in Central Park. It was a beautiful day. So many people were out. Danielle and I then went to a broadway play and had great seats. If you ever go to NYC, get same day tickets for 1/2 price at
TKTS. It was called the Pirate Queen and is a great musical about the strength of a real woman pirate named Grace O'Malley in the 16th Century. Of course we did a little shopping and then made our way home to relax. I also got to see a friend of mine that lives on Manhattan and just had a baby. I forgot how little babies are when they're so new. Ava stayed home with my Mom for the weekend because Todd was away with the Boy Scouts. I realized how nice it is to have those rare and brief getaways. I think it'll happen less and less as my family grows. All in all, a great trip.
4 comments:
Yea for baby boys! You are only one of two girls I know that's having a boy in Sept. Sept. is going to be really heavy on the girls. Congrats! We find out this Thursday and I'm PUMPED!
And fun times in NYC. What a great trip for you!
best wishes to you! boys are fun!
and, just so you know, i totally could tell from the picture what it was! i was pretty impressed with myself!
Congrats!! I always figure I will have a boy next - just because that is how my family worked. One girl and then 4 boys. But we'll see. I think that's great you are having a boy since it seems like everyone is having girls. :)
congrats! its fun to have one of each. any names picked out yet? hope you're feeling okay!
Post a Comment