We got a new bed. It's King size and I feel like I have so much room. I find myself and my husband drifting to the middle while we sleep. Maybe we want to make sure the other person is still there! It's a great bed. A helped T carry it in. She loves to help Daddy.My sister recently called me and told me about one of her New Year's Resolutions. She'd never mentioned it before, but I believe she was inspired to tell me about it now. She says that every day she tries to reach out to someone and do service. It sometimes ranges from serving a stranger, to service within her community and her own family. She records each days experience in a journal. I was very impressed with how much she thinks this experience has helped her. I committed to giving it a try.
It has been less than a week and I have by no means done anything heroic, but I have had service on my mind. I also realized that serving my husband and daughter should be a regular part of my goal. It has been great! Today I made dinner for a family in my ward that just had their 4th child. It took me a while and I really wanted to take a nap, but I was so excited to bundle my daugther up and deliver this dinner. I share this experience because I have noticed a difference with how I view each day. I've had a much more positive, kind attitude about everything. Instead of letting it pass on by, I jump at the chance to serve and have already received blessings. By the way, how quickly I have forgotten how small newborn babies are. The little baby was precious and A loved to look at her. I got excited about having another small, little baby in our house. I think A will suddenly not seem so small when the new baby is around.
Speaking of growing up, we went to A's 18 month check-up. She's doing great. It's always good to hear a health professional tell you you're on the right track, your daughter is advanced for her age, and she is especially precious. There's a little play house in the waiting room that A sat in while we waited. She loved it. The whole way home she was saying "house, house, house." I think we'll need to convince Daddy to build her a playhouse this Spring. I'm really enjoying this time with A. She is blossoming into her own little person and cracks me up constantly. She was
dancing around to some music this morning and got really upset when we had to turn it off. Hilarious! She's had quite a few new words show up in her vocabulary as well. Her favorite new word is "snow." It's also her favorite new thing. I put snowballs in cups for her to carry around the house and look at. Sometimes she'll hold it in her hand until her little hand goes numb and I remind her to put it in the cup. Appartently she takes after her father when it comes to cold. He doesn't seem bothered by it either.
The temperature has finally turned for the better. It was in the 40's today and sunny. I had to take advantage by going for a little run this morning. It felt so good to breathe fresh air into my lungs. Kind of makes you feel more alive!
It has been less than a week and I have by no means done anything heroic, but I have had service on my mind. I also realized that serving my husband and daughter should be a regular part of my goal. It has been great! Today I made dinner for a family in my ward that just had their 4th child. It took me a while and I really wanted to take a nap, but I was so excited to bundle my daugther up and deliver this dinner. I share this experience because I have noticed a difference with how I view each day. I've had a much more positive, kind attitude about everything. Instead of letting it pass on by, I jump at the chance to serve and have already received blessings. By the way, how quickly I have forgotten how small newborn babies are. The little baby was precious and A loved to look at her. I got excited about having another small, little baby in our house. I think A will suddenly not seem so small when the new baby is around.
Speaking of growing up, we went to A's 18 month check-up. She's doing great. It's always good to hear a health professional tell you you're on the right track, your daughter is advanced for her age, and she is especially precious. There's a little play house in the waiting room that A sat in while we waited. She loved it. The whole way home she was saying "house, house, house." I think we'll need to convince Daddy to build her a playhouse this Spring. I'm really enjoying this time with A. She is blossoming into her own little person and cracks me up constantly. She was
dancing around to some music this morning and got really upset when we had to turn it off. Hilarious! She's had quite a few new words show up in her vocabulary as well. Her favorite new word is "snow." It's also her favorite new thing. I put snowballs in cups for her to carry around the house and look at. Sometimes she'll hold it in her hand until her little hand goes numb and I remind her to put it in the cup. Appartently she takes after her father when it comes to cold. He doesn't seem bothered by it either.
The temperature has finally turned for the better. It was in the 40's today and sunny. I had to take advantage by going for a little run this morning. It felt so good to breathe fresh air into my lungs. Kind of makes you feel more alive!While I'm happy about the warmth, my husband is sad to see the snow go. We recently inherited a snowmobile and he's been able to go out riding a bit. I rode it for the first time just a few days ago. Of course, I only went around our back field, but it was
pretty exciting. A loves to sit on the snowmobile and look around. She played in the snow and went for a ride with Daddy. I'm glad to see how much she likes being outside.
pretty exciting. A loves to sit on the snowmobile and look around. She played in the snow and went for a ride with Daddy. I'm glad to see how much she likes being outside.
1 comment:
I don't know how any couple sleeps on something smaller than a king! We've had one since the beginning and whenever we're forced to sleep in something smaller, we hate it. Congrats on more sleeping space!
Post a Comment